Dave and I were granted 7 days of leave time to fly back to the US and have our wedding. I have to boast that Dave and I are, well crazy for doing so but AWESOME because we made it through and only partially feel asleep in public a couple of times. haha We got into Nashville on Wednesday and left Monday morning. Quick? YES! Worth it? COMPLETELY! The week didn't go without a few bumps, as I am sure any wedding week but we were fortunate enough to just have small, humorous bumps. The first we encountered was a bottle of orange liquor called Aperol busting in our checked bag. Dave and I put all of our wedding things into 2 carry on bags (which included my wedding dress, his suit, all shoes plus 3 more wedding week dresses, we're awesome!) SO luckily nothing got on our wedding clothes. However, Dave and I didn't pack very many clothes and 80% of what we did pack was stained orange. I like to think that was our hint that we needed to go shopping! So we did :)
The days leading up to the wedding were great, painful in that we were pretty jet lagged. My Matrons of Honor and mom put together a girls morning/afternoon. We got pedicures and manicures and ate lunch together. It was great to have some time with my bridal party and mom. Dave's guys took him golfing at Ft. Campbell and we all met again for the Rehearsal Dinner.
Dave and I rehearsing, we should be pros since it's our second time ;)
The rehearsal was fun but the heat was not. Somehow Dave and I picked the hottest week of the year so far, with temperatures in the mid to upper 90's!! Luckily our Ceremony site was shaded fully which kept it cooler. We had a few surprises at the Rehearsal dinner but it all turned out great! The dinner was held in the basement of the 1790's cabin (named so because it was built in the 1790's) which I now wish I had a picture of, it's hard to get pictures of things when you're the bride and when you leave your camera in Italy :)
Our wedding day came quickly with an early morning. The girls had to be at the hair salon at 8:30! It was a great morning though filled with breakfast and mimosas while getting our hair and make up done for the afternoon festivities. Thank you Reflections for doing all of my wedding parties hair and makeup, everyone looked beautiful.
My wedding hair and as you can tell I was slightly tired ;)
Dave and I decided to do a "First Look" so that we could see each other before hand but also because it helped our picture schedule flow better. As soon as I saw him standing there waiting for me I cried. My husband is the most handsome, giving and loving man I know and seeing him standing there waiting for me made my heart melt. Needless to say I Love Him!
Finally the time for the ceremony approached and we all lined up. My nerves were settled by the fact that everything had gone so smoothly. The ceremony was wonderful, enchanted by the sound of the Nashville Symphony playing in the background and the slowly setting summer sun. I have to say that this wedding was everything I could ask for PLUS MORE! I've tried to explain to Dave that this was what I dreamed about for my whole life and it turned out perfect. We kept the ceremony short at about 10 minutes and headed to the reception. Dave and I had a blast with our friends and family at the reception. We really enjoyed the food and our wedding cake, especially the wedding cake!
Sadly I don't have pictures of us eating the cake for the next 3 meals after the wedding but we did! I am totally serious when I say we LOVED the cake. haha Thank You Sugarbuzz Bakery
Finally as the night carried out we did the traditional wedding events. We tossed the bouquet and garter, my husband slipping on plastic gloves and crawling on the ground up my dress to get my garter was most likely the highlight of the evening, at least for him. We were toasted by friends and family that mean the whole world to us and of course celebrated until we couldn't keep our eyes open, literally. Dave and I felt so blessed by all who came to see us and spend the evening with us, we tried to get around to every single person but sadly I am sure we missed a few. After we decided we could not stay awake any longer we left, running through bird seed being tossed at us into our limo which took us back to the hotel.
Dave and I were so amazed at everything our wonderful wedding planner had done for us, K&D Designs helped us with planning a wedding from 5,000 miles away. The whole weekend was great and there is NO possible way that we could have done it without them. We also would like to Thank everyone who had a part in our wedding, whether it was just helping or standing by our sides. Our parents, family and friends is what made this day possible and it will forever be in our hearts! We'd also like to Thank our awesome photographer, Bethany, we are so excited to see the wonderful pictures she took!
Here are a few more pictures, Thank to Dave's dad and mom!












I love hearing your wedding story!! It was a magical day and I appreciate all of your kindness and friendship. :)
ReplyDelete