Every month it seems I say the same thing, I cannot believe A is a month older. I say it because I truly cannot believe it. He changes so quickly that it's hard for me to keep up. When I think I've learned his new ways he then decides to change again. It's an on going cycle that I suspect will be the norm for a few years. Baby A is now 4!!! months old. This past month brought more changes than the previous ones. It's like he "woke up" from being a newborn and is now a real baby.
Baby A now weighs close to 14 1/2 lbs and is about 25 inches long. He has recently started wearing mostly 6 month clothing with a few 3-6 ones occasionally. He is learning to roll from back to front, he's starting to sit up on his own, and he can pull himself around his play mat using his arms. He also seems to be getting ready for crawling as he will put his legs underneath and try to push off. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, he has not figured out that he needs his arms to work with his legs to be mobile. I think he still has some time yet and I am ok with it since I'd rather him learn to crawl on carpet and not the ceramic tile that's in our current house.
Unfortunately, this month also brought the dreaded sleep regression phase. A was sleeping through the night from about 12 weeks until about 14 weeks then he dramatically regressed. He was getting up 3-4 times a night and was not hungry. He also stopped taking long naps and still doesn't take a long nap unless he is on me. Thank goodness for my magical tool, the Moby wrap. I love this thing because I can still get a few things done while he takes a nap on me. Luckily it seems to be going back to normal. His sleep regression was actually the perfect time to wean him from his swaddle and work on sleep training. I am proud to say the A now sleeps in big boy pajamas and falls asleep on his own. We followed the Baby Whisperer method for sleep training and used the pick up/put down method. It might not work for everyone but it worked for us.
D and I are doing well also. We are getting ready to PCS. Pray that we survive this journey because we will be "THAT" family on the plane back since we are travelling with a baby and a cat. We are planning on spending a couple of weeks in Michigan with D's family then driving down to Tennessee to visit my fam bam and on to our final destination, with a small pit stop to visit family, in Georgia. We are very excited!
So with all that said, here are some photos of A from this past month :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.