Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Rock

 This week has been a hard week, for both Dave and I. Dave has had to study for two things for his job. He had to take a pre-test for a school he is going to in January and he is going to the promotion board on Thursday, so needless to say he has been a little stressed out. That is pretty unusual for him because he never gets stressed. On the other hand I get stressed pretty easily. Or I did before he came into my life, Dave is truly my rock. I have been stressed trying to figure everything out for the holidays, our first marriage ceremony, and trying to get things done that I can like cleaning out the apartment before he gets here on the 17th.
 The one thing I hate about his job is that everything is so unsure. I have no idea what I can do to prepare for my move over to Italy so tonight I threw away everything I could live without. I organized a ton of things to give away and just cleaned in general, to be honest I gave up being super organized when he left in July. I have been asking several people how to prepare but I am just going to say that this process is one of those things that no matter how much you ask around and try to mentally prepare, you are just going to have to experience firsthand to figure it all out. I am okay with that, I just like to make things as easy as possible.
 I have also been looking at housing over in Italy. My idea for a perfect home for Dave and I would be very close to post (because fuel is more expensive there than here) we want at least 2 bedrooms but prefer 3, at least 1.5 bathrooms but would like 2 and I would like stone or wood floors and the rustic look and feel. Yea, I know we are asking a lot. I did find one with a nice kelly green tiled bathroom...My feelings on that are about the same as the Grappa from a previous post, DISGUSTING. Oh my other requirement is that at least one bathroom has a shower because in Italy and probably all of Europe not all bathrooms have a shower and not all showers are enclosed. Some are just a plastic square built into the floor and the land lord may or may not install the rods to put up a curtain... But anyways I am determined to make this a good and fun experience. All the rustic places are at least 7-10 miles from post and I don't want Dave to have to wake up super early just because I want to live in a place like that. Plus when he is gone I would feel safer close to post. I guess we will see what we find, I just hope no kelly green bathrooms..Please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.