For about 2 weeks I have put my plans for our Wedding ceremony in May on a halt. The reason being is because Dave got word that he may not get leave to come back for it and this, of course made me go into a frenzy. I stopped all the planning because I didn't want to continue making deposits and appointments for a wedding that might not happen. Well today we got word that his leave got approved, it is just a little different than what we had originally planned out but for the better. We had originally planned on going on our honeymoon after our ceremony because we were going to try to do every thing like we never got married but as I am quickly learning nothing can be normal with his job. So we are going on our honeymoon in April, stopping in Nashville for a couple of days for my dress fitting and our wedding shower. Then we will be off on our honeymoon, which is not official but we are thinking about a cruise that takes us to Belize and Honduras.
This wedding in May has been more stressful than I would have ever imagined. It's not that I want everything to be perfect because I know that it won't be but I just don't know how everything is going to work out with me living 5,000 miles away from the venue site. I am relying on my bridal party and my wedding planner. I am, I will admit putting a lot of pressure on the fact that I only have one chance to have the wedding of a lifetime and I need to stop thinking that way. I need to focus on the fact that I have the most amazing fiancé in the world and that is all that matters. I have already found my dress, which I am keeping a secret from Dave. I went back in October with my Matron of Honor (who is my Sister in Law), my Maid of Honor ( my best friend from college) and my mother. We had such a good time and it seemed like a dream trying on wedding dresses. I am not including my dress in the photos but I will include some photos from that day! I will give a hint to my dress though (because guys can't imagine things in their heads like girls can) My dress is ivory, lace and would fit into the 1950's pretty well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.