Dave and I got married (for the first time) on December 19th in front of his parents, my parents, my brother and his wife and my best friend. Our big wedding ceremony is on May 26th, 2012. I am super excited about it! And to answer the question that we have gotten at least 20 times, we are celebrating our original marriage date for our anniversary, December 19th. I told him that we should celebrate both but he didn't go for that idea, so he told me to pick one and I picked December with the understanding that our Anniversary and Christmas would not be combined, unless he gets me a super nice gift :)
We spent Christmas with Dave's family in Michigan this year. It was very nice and we are so stocked up on housewares that we won't have to buy any for a long time! I am so thankful for the generosity from his family. I have a ton of favorite gifts, like the scrap booking things, an amazing gingerbread house mold and our Crock Pots but the one gift that we have already used at least 15 times is the Keurig that his mom and sister gave us! If it is possible to be in love with a kitchen appliance this Keurig is the love of my life! Dave doesn't have the same feelings because of the cost of the pods and he only drinks coffee if there's a carton of milk and a cup of sugar in it, however I am addicted to coffee and have to drink it every morning so the Keurig is my new best friend.
As of today we have been married for two weeks! Not long at all and sadly he left again to go back to Italy. We are hoping that I will be there by the end of January. I never realize how dependent I become on him until he leaves. To be honest he drives me a little crazy sometimes but in a humorous way. Like when we went shopping at the commissary on pay day (bad idea) and he only got one package of chicken when I told him we needed two. I asked him what happened to the other package of chicken and he simply responded "I didn't hear you say we needed two." *Sigh*, of course he didn't because he walked off while I was saying it. But the good thing is that our relationship will never be boring. He will always be taking me places and doing things that will keep everything interesting, such as dragging me through a half frozen pond while on a walk through the woods. But that is one of the things I love most about him. That is why I cannot wait to start our adventure in Italy because I know that memories we make and the stories that we will have to tell will keep us and hopefully everyone else entertained.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.