Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wedding Updates

 I woke up this morning thankful as always that I am married to Dave and proceeded with my morning ritual of reading the news and checking my email while having my coffee. In my email I had a reminder from my wedding website I am using (Theknot.com) telling me there's only 4 months until our wedding! Typically this would send me into a panic but I have gotten everything pretty much ready since I will be moving in the next couple of weeks. I have finally gotten my Save the Dates out, my invites addressed and stamped and my rehearsal dinner invites done. It has all been easier because of my amazing wedding planner (Karey at K&D Designs) and her amazing staff.



 When I was deciding on what to do with my wedding it all started out kind of scattered. I have always wanted an elegant dress and as every other little girl a fairytale like setting. I don't think that the image for our wedding really fell into place until we found a venue. Our venue is The Tanglewood House that our wedding planner has bought. I didn't know how all of my guests were going to fit but we are having the ceremony outside and heavy appetizers so people can be up and walking around. The property of Tanglewood is very unique and has a lot to offer! Upstairs of the house there's a bride and bridesmaid quarters complete with a salon room and walls of mirrors. The grounds also has a cabin that is from the 1790's where the groom and groomsmen get to hangout. The ceremony site rests in between two smaller cabins on a concrete path. After seeing all this I decided that a rustic wedding is what we needed, it ties in so well with our venue. Therefore that's what we are doing and incorporating our colors which are shades of purple and champagne.
 Decorations wise we are doing barn lights strung in the trees above the ceremony site, white wooden chairs and lace scalloped down the isle with bunches of baby's breath and purple flowers. The reception is being held inside the house and we decided to have a cocktail hour while our guests wait for us to take pictures and then on to the heavy appetizers. There will be mason jars as candle holders, birdcages with pictures of Dave and I with some facts about us scattered in. We decided to have a D.J. and an open bar, therefore to keep our wedding party safe but also allow them to have a good time we have rented a limo to take us back to our hotel and then pick up our wedding party.
 The plans, as you can read, have been going really well. There have been a few mishaps. I told my bridesmaids to get the wrong color dress but it was easily fixed by changing our colors a bit. I didn't order enough Save the Dates or Invites and had to make a rush order. And of course our cake was way more than we ever thought a cake could cost! Even with all these bumps in our wedding planning path I have yet to feel stressed about our wedding. I tell everyone that Dave and I did the best thing by getting married beforehand because it honestly takes 95% of the stress out of the day. Now I am just excited and waiting to have an amazing time with our family and friends, who we are blessed to have with us on that day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.