Our process for this move has been the most ridiculous thing I have ever had to go through. It started out having to get an EFMP (pretty much a medical screening to say that I do not have any special medical issues) that we had to give for approval in Vicenza. We then had to get me an official passport and travel visa. The travel visa couldn't be sent out until Dave's new orders were given to us. During all this we had to be put on a mandatory 2 week housing waiting list and by some unfortunate miracle we were stuck into Army housing that is 7 miles off post. The Army has no one to help you through this process, which makes it utterly confusing. The best thing about this move is that I do not have to pack anything! The movers come and do it all for you. The disadvantage for this move is, unlike originally informed, we have to pay for my plane ticket over. My advice to anyone who is thinking about getting married after your significant other moves to another base is to GET MARRIED BEFOREHAND! Dave and I really got the short end of the stick because we got married after, it makes me feel like the Army is punishing us for getting married.
These are a few of the pictures that Dave sent me today after touring our new/first home! I would like to emphasize that apartments, houses and town homes in Italy are not made to be comfortable but more to be practical and use every space given (as you can see with the washer and dryer stacked on top of each other next to the bath tub). All Dave and I are waiting on now is for the phone call telling us that my travel visa is in and of course for the movers to pick up my things! We are hoping I will be there on the 15th of February, not getting our hopes up though. I have gotten so many great tips on how to handle this move and I thank everyone. If you have anymore I'd love to gain the knowledge! I want this to be as easy of a process as possible!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.