Well today was moving day! It has taken a lot of paperwork, time, and stress to get us to this day. It was a weird feeling when they packed up the last thing and said "Mrs. Smitt, everything is packed." I just looked around and said "I guess it is, isn't it?"
Dave and I are just happy we got to this point. We went through a long process of people telling us all different steps to get this completed. I really loved the movers and how quickly they came in and got everything packed up. They arrived around noon and left right at 4pm. I didn't absolutely love where I lived but Dave helped me move into that apartment and a lot of our first memories are from there. I remember my first night there and how he had to drag the TV into the bedroom so we could watch a movie. Now that same TV is wrapped up, in a crate to be taken by boat to Italy...Did you catch the "by boat" part? I laughed at the thought of my things floating across the ocean to Italy and then realized how long we will be without all those things. Luckily our post offers us temporary furniture and we are borrowing things from the Loan Closet, which is the best idea I have ever heard of.
I leave tomorrow, tonight I am staying at my parents house. I am having breakfast with my best friend, paying a few bills and heading to the airport. The only thing I am dying to have before I leave is a Gigi's cupcake. They are possibly the best cupcakes in the world. I don't think it has hit me yet that I am moving out of the country and will be living in Italy. It probably hasn't happened yet because I am so ready to be with Dave. I will see my husband in less than 48 hours! That's the best Valentine's present I could ever ask for.
Here's some moving day pictures! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.