So this weekend is the last weekend before Dave leaves for 3 weeks (blah!) and we really wanted to spend as much time together as possible but also do something fun. We started our weekend the right way and tried a new sushi place near downtown Vicenza called Zushi. It was WAY better than the place we usually frequent but I still prefer Yamato's. Then for our Saturday agenda we signed up for a day ski trip with the Outdoor Recreation center on post. We were supposed to go to Alta Badia but for some unknown reason it was changed to a place called Val Gardena which is located right on the border of Italy and Switzerland in the Italian Dolomite Mountains.
The ski trip in all was a great time and experience, I really love our Outdoor Recreation center because they always have events planned. I have to admit that seeing "real" mountains (not that the mountains aren't real in the US but nothing compares to this) is extremely intimidating when you step off the bus and see how big everything is. I have been skiing a few times in my life but not anything big and crazy. When Dave and I got all our ski gear on and started out on our first slope I freaked!! I got up there and for some reason didn't want to come down. Finally after some coaxing, Dave reminding me that I did know how to ski and some practice, I finally made it down. I'm not going to say that I am an amazing skier because I would be lying but I try and I have fun trying! Dave went on a few trails that I didn't feel comfortable going on, I think after yesterday I will be more comfortable with bigger trails. Sadly I don't think we will get to make any of the other ski trips they have this season due to him going to Germany for work. However next year I will be ready!
PS: To answer the question I am sure you're wondering, I am so sore that it hurts to move :) but so worth it!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.