Sunday, March 11, 2012

Adventures

  This week has been surprisingly wonderful and uplifting. Don't get me wrong I miss my husband terribly but I have made friends with some great people that I can honestly say have been a blessing to me! I have learned so much about my new home, myself and my marriage, that it is incredible! I am enjoying this phase of my life so much and am so glad that this path was chosen for me. I am so blessed!
  This week was the first week away from my husband, only two more to go!! After his deployment I will probably laugh about the fact that 3 weeks seemed so long but seeing as how this is my first experience with this I feel like I can toot my horn a bit. :) I was extremely nervous for him to leave, well nervous probably isn't the appropriate word it was more like TERRIFIED. However, I have had such a great time this week doing various activities that I now know I will get through 9 months of my husband being gone and being so far away from my family and friends.
  My activities for the week included my first visit to the PWOC at the chapel on post, a trip to the Piazzola market and the Camisano market, my second trip to Nove, and a wonderful day at a new church. My trip to Nove was wonderful, if you don't already know Nove is known for their ceramics. Lenox and various other brands get things sent out from Nove and so it is easy to find cheap (my favorite word) plates, cups and other items. I bought a large Lenox serving platter for 15 Euro, a beautiful teapot and another gorgeous pot. I also learned how to make my own espresso, which my husband will hate when he gets home. haha Espresso is how I get by everyday energy wise! I also tend to be very talkative after a couple of cups. I learned about milk stands, where you go and fill up with fresh milk. I am obsessed with the thought of being able to go get fresh milk and I don't even drink milk!! I just think it's super neat that such thing exists. Overall I am just enjoying myself as much as I can. On my drives home I look around and take in the picturesque scenery, I really am thankful for this experience and love being able to share it too!

Making my first espresso! Love this thing!

1 comment:

  1. Martha! I am so glad you decided to blog about you and Dave's adventure in Italy. I love reading your posts!!! Glad you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.