I can admit that the first day Dave was gone I didn't want to do anything. I had myself a pity party for that whole day, went to bed and asked God to bring me some uplifting people and to get me through this time, woke up and started a new day! I have been so blessed by everything lately that I cannot begin to describe the feeling. I have learned about everything from milk stands to go and fill up on fresh milk, the 1 euro table in Nove for ceramic items, the "Chicken Man" who makes spectacular furniture, how to make my own espresso, where the best markets are, fun outdoor day trips, wineries, and so much more that I don't have the room to list! I have also learned a new appreciation for my husband.
I love my husband more than anything in this world. He is the reason I get up everyday, he warms my heart and makes me the happiest woman ever, which is why I married him :) Many wonder how our relationship works, with him being gone and working a lot. I can't really say how it does but it just does. Dave being gone so often makes me appreciate him much more than I probably would if he were here constantly. I understand that this is his job, this is what he does to support us. I cannot get mad (not saying that I never do, I'm not perfect) at him for doing his job. It takes a lot of time away from us and sometimes it takes months away from us but when he's home, he's home and I enjoy him. I like to think of it like I get to have a first date with him, a first kiss with him all over again. The time fades those little moments and the feelings that come with them but that same time keeps everything fresh and new.
Here are some pictures from my adventures without Dave:


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.