Monday, April 23, 2012

Our Honeymoon aka Block Leave

  Dave's sixteen days of leave just ended, he went back to work today. I cannot believe it's over, sixteen days goes by so fast. I have to say that we had an amazing time and I loved spending so much time with him, it spoiled me a bit for sure because when he went back today I cried. Anyways, we had a blast on our Honeymoon! We went to Marbella, Spain which is quite possibly the prettiest place I've ever seen. Dave and I equate it with the "Florida" of Europe because it seemed that older people flocked down for the semi-warm weather from England, Scotland, Ireland and Germany. We were by far the youngest married couple at our Hotel but possibly in the whole city!


This is Marbella, Hotel Fuerte is where we stayed. It was beautiful inside and out, with modern (European, which means small) rooms. The hotel was right on the Marbella Boardwalk so we literally walked out the back gate and found ourselves in the middle of the town! Dave and I didn't care much for the Spanish cuisine such as Paella so instead we dined at an Indian restaurant twice, an amazing Sushi restaurant and our hotel. Our hotel had wonderful breakfast and dinner buffets, the breakfast buffet was so amazing we woke up early everyday just to eat.



I have to admit that Dave and I didn't cover much ground on this trip. Our main focus on this trip was to spend time with each other and relax, RELAX! Yea..I have no idea what the meaning of that word is, it's really hard for me to lay out and not do anything. But we did do a few things, we went to the Casino of Marbella. If you have a mental image of something from Las Vegas but turned Spanish you are wrong. Casino's in Europe are not large, extravagant places here as in the States. However this one was pretty nice and fun! I have never been to a Casino since I have turned 21 and can actually play so it was all new to me! I played slot machines (typical girl huh?) and Dave played Poker. I have to say that I think we did pretty well because we came home with 500 Euros and only put in about 200 Euros to play.

These are the only two pictures we have from the Casino because apparently taking pictures inside is illegal...Who would've known!





  Finally Dave and I spent our last day doing something pretty spectacular, in my opinion. Dave and I woke up at 5:00 am to catch a bus for Tarifa, Spain which is in the most southern tip and also a port. We caught a fast ferry across the Straight of Gibraltar into Africa, more specifically Tangier, Morocco. We had a really fun day touring, eating lunch, riding camels (YES CAMELS!), and watching a snake charmer. It was an amazing experience and a great way to end our Honeymoon.


Dave was so not happy about waking up so early but he never is! Lol The fast ferry was pretty interesting, it was 2 floors and 2 cafe bars with snacks for sale, I've never seen anything like it. We got to the port and got on our tour bus which took us around to many sites. We got to see where the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean combined. We also could see the Coast of Spain from the Coast of Morocco and vice versa. We stopped for a short Camel ride and I have to say it was so fun! The camels were very nice, no spitting or biting involved with them. After this we took a walking tour through the City, stopped for lunch, watched a snake charmer and of course, went shopping!



Our walking tour through the city was great! Northern Morocco is predominately Muslim, it was very interesting to see their Mosques and their way of life. On our walking tour we went into the "Kasba" which means Fort. Along our way we stopped and watched a Snake Charmer who played with, I'm assuming a cobra, there's a video on my Facebook. Near the end of the tour we stopped at the Co-oP to shop and the items in the market were lovely. Finally we stopped for lunch before heading back to our tour bus to start the journey back to Spain. The meal consisted of couscous with a curry chicken, some type of meat on a kabob stick, honey cookies and green tea. It was all delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful! 











So I'd have to say that our Honeymoon was perfect. When we got home, the next day our Household Goods arrived! We now have couches, bed frames, pots, pans and everything! I am embarrassed to share how our place looks in it's current condition because it's still a mess but I will share soon, after I get everything in somewhat of an order!  The time I got to spend with my husband the past couple of weeks will forever be in my memories. I am thankful everyday that I get to share these experiences with him and because our time is always so limited it makes it even more special :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.