I finally made it to Italy! I got here a little over a week ago but our internet hasn't been hooked up and today I am using someone else's. Oops :/ I NEEDED internet! You really don't realize how much you depend on internet until it's gone. There's so much to catch up on, like my new home!
Dave and I were placed into Army housing. The place itself isn't bad and all our neighbors are from his base which is nice. I haven't met any of the neighbors yet but I will someday, I'm sure. Our place is about 7 miles from post and takes about 15 min to get to and from. We weren't exactly happy with the distance because fuel is so expensive and he has to get up earlier than normal which is the worst thing possible to him. However, we are making the best of it and to be honest I love the town we are in. On Wednesdays the market is literally a 3 min walk from our home and there's a grocery store just a few minutes walk away too. The only thing I don't like are the floors and that's because they have to be swept every single day. It's insane how much dust, dirt, and ect. gets on the floor in a 24 hour time.
Last weekend Dave and I went to the Venice Carnival! It is a carnival that many towns in Italy have 40 days or so before Easter. The Venice carnival is pretty famous and so we went to see what it is all about. It is amazing, the costumes that people dress up in are very elaborate and unique. The Carnivale is known for a fried pastry called a "Frittelle" which can either have cream or other fillings. We found one that didn't have any filling and tried it. I don't usually like things like that but it was delicious. We also ventured over to the Fountain of Wine and bought a couple of glasses. It was not our taste of wine but it was interesting to see a huge fountain with wine flowing out of it in the middle of town square. If the interest in attending the Venice Carnivale is in your future plans, I should warn you of a fact that we read about the daily attendance, 3 million people a day come to the events. I promise you that the numbers are not far off. When Dave and I left we were so happy to breathe again and get away from all the people.
So far I am loving my new home! I love being here when Dave gets off from work and eating dinner with him. I have been spoiled this past week and will be again next week. Sadly he will be leaving on March 4th for 3 weeks. Luckily I will be able to drive by then so I won't be stuck at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.