The main reason my husband wanted to go to France is to visit Normandy, the main reason I wanted to visit France is to go to Disneyland Paris. However this was his trip and so we spent one whole day visiting various beaches and museums. We flew into Beauvais on Friday night and the next morning got up and headed towards the beaches. My husband was so thrilled to be at Omaha and Utah beach, listening to him ramble on about what happened on these beaches was fantastic, he's so smart.
Here some picture from the beaches and museums:
We enjoyed each museum because they all had a variety of things to offer us but I think the one we enjoyed the most was the Airborne museum! It was also really nice to see the American flag all around the cities in Normandy. My husband especially liked walking through the bunkers and investigating each one he could. When we were leaving he turned to me and said "If I had a metal detector and a flashlight, I could spend the whole day out here!" And if you know my husband, you very well know that he could! :)
After spending the day in the wind on the beaches we started the drive back to our hotel in Rouen. We stopped on the way to grab dinner and ended up eating at a wonderful place called Bouef & Cow in Caen, France. My husband and I like trying different foods that wouldn't normally be on a menu, really it's how we decide on what we're going to eat. Luckily this restaurant had exactly that, strange items that we were dying to try! So try we did, we ate beef tartare, a grilled calf's kidney and a variety of other grilled meats. It was all delicious, even the calf's kidney with it's strange texture.
Finally on Sunday we took a train to Paris! This was my second time visiting Paris and I was really excited to finally get pictures. The first time I went to Paris I lost my camera and didn't make it home with a single picture :( BUT not this time! Dave and I took a hop on hop off bus tour around Paris and got to see everything in a couple of hours time!
Needless to say our trip was amazing. I still say that even after we got stuck in Paris for Sunday night. Apparently the train station in Paris doesn't take cash or a credit card without a European chip. But that's ok, it was still a nice time and we didn't even go to Disneyland. We saved that for the next time, along with bringing a metal detector and flashlight for Dave's bunker investigations....We had such a good time this weekend that I didn't even want it to end, the drive home on Monday was very emotional. I am including this next photo for my husband who thinks it hilarious:
So that's France, I really enjoyed this country because everyone is so nice and friendly. I love the food too, I forgot to mention that Dave and I tried Escargot, we ate snails and liked it! Our next trip to France will be even better because we're going to Disneyland Paris! :)
Loved your pictures of France! Craig would have loved all the history in Normandy too...must be a guy thing :) Looks like you guys had a great trip!
ReplyDelete