Friday, July 13, 2012

On My Own

  Well these past few days have been a life changing event for Dave and I, he will be gone for several months and I am on my own in Italy. The thought excites me because of all the possibilities that this time apart has to offer us but I sure do miss my best friend and husband. I have a few plans for this time that includes some adventures with friends, which I hope will make these months go by faster!
  Dave and I always like to spend the last day we have together doing something fun! We went to the Nashville Zoo when he was moving over to Italy, we went to wineries the first time I came to visit him and we went to Asiago the second time I came to visit him. It helps a lot just because it keeps our minds off the next day and keeps me from counting down every hour, which I have a bad habit of doing. This time, on his last day here we came up with quite a few options but ended up going hiking and having a dinner picnic on top of Monte Berico, where he proposed. It was a wonderful day outside, getting fresh air and exercise with my husband.



The hike was so much fun but sadly we forgot to bring enough water. So in 95+ degree weather it made for a difficult hike, completely our fault for not thinking it through. haha

 After the hike and getting some well deserved gelato, I had the privilege to shave my husbands head! We decided with how hot it was going to be in his upcoming destination that it would be the best option. Here's his before and after photos:


  Even though he wasn't too fond of his head being shaved, I think he still looks just as handsome! Gosh do I miss that face, well the happy one! ;)

  Finally, for dinner we wanted to do something special but I did not want us to go out to eat. So we decided to cook dinner and have a dinner picnic on top of Monte Berico, the place he proposed to me! It was the PERFECT way to have our last dinner together. I cannot describe how special that was to me.




  I am so blessed to have my husband in my life. He is truly my best friend and I love him. Even though we won't be together for a few months he made sure I would think about him by leaving me notes around our house for me to find at random times. I'm not sure how many there are in total but I have found around 10 or so. These notes are everything to me right now, they make me laugh, cry and remember how much he loves me. The next morning I had to say "See You Later" to my husband, it was so hard. I cannot describe the feeling of watching my husband walk out the door, knowing that I won't see him for several months. However, to keep me going I remind myself that each day that passes is one less day of this time apart! I am down several days now and I know eventually the countdown will run out and my husband will be in my arms again.

So for now, I love you Dave. You are my everything, I thank God every single night in my prayers for bringing you into my life. You have changed me for the better and have given me a love that not everyone will experience in their life. I cannot wait until you are home again, to run around the house acting silly together, to BEAT you in Rummy ;) and to reclaim your side of the bed from the cat. I LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.