Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Countdown

  So I have been on my own for a month (whoo hoo), yes I made it through the first month of husbands deployment! It has been hard getting used to being here alone because I became so dependent on him when he was here. What I miss the most is playing rummy with him and talking before bed, anxiously waiting for him to get off work so I can give him a kiss and going on adventures with him. However, I am determined to make the best out of this time apart so when I look back years from now I can say "Yea that's right, I did live 5,000 miles away from my family and friends and still made it out sane and alive!" I still miss my sweet husband every single minute of every single day but I have to say these past few weeks have been fun, considering the circumstances!
  One thing I have been doing to fill my time is taking on projects. We moved into our apartment in February and I have yet to decorate fully and make it feel more like a home. Since February we were so busy with the wedding, traveling and spending time together, so decorating was put on the back burner. Plus Dave isn't much into decorating a house, surprise surprise ;) I have found some items through my new favorite hobby, Thrift store shopping. The thrift stores here are amazing! Until I moved here and was shown some of the stores I didn't care much for it but now I am slightly addicted. I bought 6 vases, actually they're some kind of glasses used for vodka but I use them for vases, that I have decided to spray paint and incorporate into our home. And I found a huge wine decanter that I am planning on throwing in some rocks with decorative twigs to incorporate into our bedroom. Here's the beginning of the projects:

 before

 after (I need a few more rocks lol)

 A memory box I painted and distressed

 The vodka glasses turned vase

 Hopefully by the time Dave gets back we will have a fully decorated home. With our luck it will be time to move again...Such a vicious cycle.
  I have also spent my time sending out packages to my husband and his guys. I decided to decorate my packages, just to make them more fun. In them I have included mason jar cakes, mason jar brownies (first run on these so fingers and toes crossed that they turn out fine after 2 weeks of traveling), candy and microwavable goodies. Here are the first fabulous 2 I have sent him. I try to theme them:
 The first one was "Summer" themed with Kool-aide, laffy taffy and a football.
 This one I just put together. A scrapbook box with a soccer ball and some goodies. 

 It looks like a military package Christmas in my house right now! lol

 Here's the beginning of my mason jar cakes, these are mini's. I have sent 2 to Dave already and he said they tasted great! 


   So as you can see I have been keeping myself busy. My week usually consists of trips to the Thrift stores, dinners with wonderful friends, Bible studies and plenty of time spent on Pinterest. I do have a couple of things planned in the next few months to come. A trip to Prague is booked, a spouses retreat to Germany is booked, a day at a live Chess game in Marostica is booked and potentially a visit from one of my brothers! Staying busy is key to me right now and luckily I have plenty to do! :)
  
 OH YEA, here is my wedding photos album! I was so excited to get these in, they are wonderful! http://bethanyann.zenfolio.com/mdwedding 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.