Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Little bit of traveling...

 It has officially been 2 months since my husband left. I am so excited to be at this milestone because we really don't have a ton of time left, not that I'm complaining :)  It certainly hasn't been an easy time, I think I have gotten a few grey hairs on my head but I am so proud of him that it's all worth it! In the mean time I have been traveling and trying to stay busy. My latest adventure was to Prague, Czech Republic and to Florence, Italy. I am so happy and blessed to have found some wonderful ladies to travel with, it truly makes a difference.
 So a couple of weeks ago I went on my first trip out of Italy without my husband! I was so nervous do so but the trip as a whole turned out amazing! Prague was a wonderful place to travel to without Dave because he has already been, so I didn't have to feel guilty about seeing things he hasn't gotten to see. I enjoyed this city so much! The food, excellent shopping and atmosphere made for such a pleasant experience.



 It was a bit cloudy, cool and rainy on the first day we got there, which made for a pleasant afternoon at a local food market. The food in Prague was amazing, actually I still think about every meal I had there almost daily. Goulash, honey duck and dumplings, potatoes and sauerkraut, the food did not disappoint in any way! Another amazing thing about Prague were the Starbucks! Now I know I live in Italy where espresso is a signature but there's nothing better on a cool and cloudy afternoon like a Starbucks latte. See I have proof:

 All the sites in Prague were wonderful. We visited the Charles Bridge, Old town, New town and the Jewish sites. The Jewish cemetery was one of my favorite places we visited, as strange as it may sound. I liked it because a friend on the trip had visited before and talked about it. Well I gathered an image in my head of what it might look like and it was all wrong. It was a bit overwhelming to see a place where 100,000 bodies 10 layers deep were buried in such a small patch of land. Seriously, the area where these graves were probably measured about 1,500 sq feet and I am giving a very rough estimate. I truly mean it when I say these pictures do not do it justice, this is just something that one has to see to get it.






  Prague is just wonderful, I highly suggest it to anyone. I really enjoyed myself on this trip. Here are some final photos: 







 And finally, yesterday I went with a friend to Florence. I haven't ever really had any desire to so see Florence but I am so glad I went. It was a wonderful day walking around another city of Italy and seeing some wonderful Architecture. Here are some photos:


 Florence is home to the Statue of David, sadly we did not get in to see it. Standing in the line to get in would have taken us the whole day. 

 So that's my latest adventures, I have quite a few more coming up soon. I am traveling to Germany at the end of the month for a Spouses retreat with our post Chapel. I am going back to Germany, more specifically Munich in October to watch and give support to some friends who are running a marathon and my amazing brother Travis is coming over in November to travel with me for a couple of weeks. I am so excited and blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.