Thursday, May 30, 2013

Malta, Malta, Malta


    This past weekend we had a wonderful 4 day, which I greatly consider a gift from the Army. It's not often that we get these free days to spend time with each other so when we do we take full advantage. This time we took a trip to Malta with some of our dearest friends! Now if you're like me you are probably googling a map and asking yourself where in the world is Malta. I had never heard of it before moving to Italy and luckily it's very close. The small chain of islands that make up the Maltese islands can be found just south of Sicily. Malta was beautiful and I am so glad we decided to go. The original plan for the trip was for our friends to go scuba diving while Dave and I watched our friend's sweet baby but we ended up going scuba diving as well. YEP, I tried scuba diving. It's funny because leading up to this vacation I had told Dave repeatedly that I would not try it because I tend to not enjoy things that involve signing a waiver. Call me a chicken but I enjoy being safe. haha Anyways, somehow my incredibly handsome husband convinced me (probably with those amazing eyes) and I did it!! It was so much fun and I am so glad I tried scuba diving. I am also glad that Dave gets me to do these things, even when I am so hesitant, which is yet another reason why I married him! Here are some photos!

This is the area we went diving. The water was so clear! And I got to see my first sea duck along with her ducklings. They were the cutest!



So to explain this picture...Between our dives we sat and ate lunch at this little restaurant which was a small trailer. This place had the best battered fish I've ever eaten (it's funny how the small, side of the road places have the best food) but during our lunch one of the workers came and slapped down this whole dead pig. And then he started cutting it into pieces for what we assume would be a pig roast. All was fine until he started cutting off his head....I about died. haha

Those two little black blobs are mine and my intructor's heads. But look how pretty the water is! It was so clear!

The tank on my back was so heavy!

I was so happy because it was so fun!!

 

Dave unzipping me from my "penguin" suit. He said I looked like a penguin flopping around haha!

Yay! I did it! Please excuse my mascara running down my face haha

The intructor and myself getting ready!
 
 
     Overall our trip to Malta was a blast. This was our first group trip and I couldn't have asked for a better time. We spent the last day of our trip relaxing on the beach and on the rooftop pool. We were so tired from our previous week that listening to the ocean while taking a nap on the beach is just what we needed. And just for the record, Maltese food is amazing. Even Dave's rabbit he had for dinner one night (which was probably a super cute fluffy bunny at one time) was very good. So that's Malta! This weekend we have our Military Ball, my first one ever! I am so excited and will definitely post pictures. We have several 4 days in our near future so many adventures are coming! Yay for Italian summertime! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.