Thursday, October 17, 2013

Half Way There!

  Husband and I have had a lot going on lately. Between the baby and his job, we have a good bit to update on. So we (Baby S and I) are half way through this pregnancy! Whoo hoo! I actually cannot believe it. It feels as though we just let everyone know and now in 4 short months we will be holding this bundle of joy. So much has happened in the last several weeks, so here is our Baby S and life update!


  Baby S has been growing like a weed. I know this because I can now feel the kicks and movements. They started when I was around 19 weeks and honestly I had no idea what was going on! I knew I should start feeling movements around that time but I was not prepared for what they actually felt like. I don't think it's something you can prepare for but my first movements felt like muscle spasms in my abdominal muscle area. I have heard people say theirs felt like bubbles but I didn't feel that way. Now at 22 weeks the kicks are so strong and at times it feels like Baby S is doing the Cha Cha in my belly. I have to say though, it's the most amazing feeling ever!
  At 20 weeks Dave and I got to have another ultrasound. We were so anxious for this ultrasound because, of course, we wanted to know what gender we were having but also we wanted the confirmation that Baby S was 100% healthy. Baby S looks great and everything looked in tip top shape on the ultrasound. We also found out that we are having a BOY! When we asked if the Doctor (who also did the ultrasound) was sure he said "I've never been more sure, can you not see that" in reference to baby's pee pee. HAHA! However, Baby S was a little camera shy and would not allow for us to get a good view of his face, which the Doctor tried to show us in 3D.

Here are some photos from the Ultrasound:

 There's his pee pee
 
 
 
  Not only has Baby S grown but I have too! I look through the photos and it's amazing how much bigger my belly has gotten. I am officially in maternity clothes! Here are my belly photos:
 

 
 
  Baby S has definitely kept us busy but so has Dave's job. In September he competed in a competition called "EIB" which stands for Expert Infrantryman's Badge. Basically, the guys go through a week of preparation and then a week of competition for this badge. The competition consists of real life war scenarios and tasks that have to be completed step by step with near perfection or else you are dropped. At the beginning of this competition there were around 560 guys and in the end there were only 65 or so left. Dave was one of them! And I couldn't be more proud. He also re-enlisted this week for 6 more years of service. It was never a question in my mind that he would continue in the Army but it's nice to know that this is our path for the next 6 years. On top of that, we will be moving to Dahlonega, Georgia in July 2014! Which means we have less than a year left in Italy. Dave will be a Ranger instructor in Dahlonega and we will be there for a couple of years.  So much exciting news! So here are a couple of photos from his EIB graduation and Reenlistment:
 

 He's wearing a ghillie suit
 
 This is the first fall that Dave and I have gotten to spend together in person, which has been really nice. We have enjoyed all the festivals he missed last year, such as the Pumpkin festival, Rice festival and our town's festival. He will also most likely (I say most likely because as of now he will be but it's the Army) be home for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We have never spent Halloween or Thanksgiving together (we've been together for 3 years now) so it will be a first for us! We don't have too many travel plans coming up but we are trying to go to London for Thanksgiving and Germany for Christmas! :) So that's all for now!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.