Friday, September 6, 2013

Slovenia and Baby S update

  August has been an awesome month! My husband got 13 days of leave he was originally going to lose, we took a trip to Slovenia, and I entered the second trimester of my pregnancy! I have also started showing more and more, I think I grow when I am asleep because I truly think each morning when I get up my belly is bigger than the morning before, is that possible?!. August also brought our 2nd OB appointment which went really well. So here's the scoop on our busy month!

Our trip to Slovenia was amazing! I am go glad we decided to go to Lake Bled for Labor Day weekend! We rented an apartment and stayed there for 3 days and it was just what we needed. I have never been to a more beautiful, quiet, relaxing place. Our weekend consisted of rowing around the lake, visiting the island that is in the middle of the lake, Bled Grad Castle and some quality time spent with each other. The best part of the trip was that I didn't have any morning sickness to ruin our plans. I do have to say, looking at these pictures there really isn't anything too exciting but I love the natural beauty at Lake Bled. Here are some photos:














 
 

  And finally, we had my 16 week check up but at 15 weeks. Husband and I always look forward to my appointments even though we don't get to see baby on ultrasound every time. But we do get to hear him/her on the Doppler. This appointment went really well and it was our first time hearing Baby Smitt on the Doppler since they couldn't use it before. I had no idea you could tell movements just on the Doppler but after hearing some ear piercing screeching we quickly learned that Baby Smitt is already an active little thing. His/her heartbeat is strong at beats of 150-160 and we are dying to know what we are having. Unfortunately this appointment also confirmed that I had a dreaded pregnancy bladder infection which resulted in me getting my kidneys checked out at the local hospital. We went later that evening and we got an unexpected peak at Baby Smitt. This was only my second time seeing the baby and it was quite emotional! To my surprise Baby S isn't a little bean anymore but a large actual baby looking being! It was amazing and guess what Baby S was busy doing? Sucking his/her thumb! My heart melted and the Obstetrics staff  laughed and enjoyed the picture with us. Finally, the OB doctor asked if we knew what Baby S was and quickly husband and I yelled "No! Do you?!" but after some looking he determined it was still too early, which is understandable since I was only 15 weeks. However, we will find out soon and I mean in like 3 1/2 weeks!! Here are some photos from the past few weeks:

 14 Weeks
16 Weeks
 
It's amazing how each week my belly gets bigger and bigger. We have had such a wonderful time during this pregnancy and we are so blessed! So that's it for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.