Monday, September 8, 2014
7 Months
I know every month I say this, "I can't believe A is another month older" but it's true, I really cannot believe it. A is seven months old. I don't even know how it happened, I feel like yesterday we were just meeting him. As I was going through his newborn clothes to let a friend borrow I stopped and reflected on everything. It is amazing how quickly the time goes and how much my baby has changed in the past 7 months. A has been the biggest blessing to mine and D's life. I look forward to his smiles, giggles, and curiosity everyday when I wake up. And like I said before, he changes so quickly!
This month A has probably changed the most. He now has two teeth. Fortunately I do not see anymore coming in. I say fortunately because these last two teeth about killed us all. He was a grouchy bear and I don't blame him. Luckily we found some awesome teething oil and it worked extremely well. The teething oil and cold teething rings is the only reason we are all still alive and haven't gone completely insane. But there may or may not have been a few gallons of ice cream eaten during this whole teething process. Not just by me but by D as well. A has also started full on crawling and sitting up on his own. His favorite past time is to crawl on mom or dad. He also likes pulling up to a standing position and has recently gotten brave and started letting go. He is usually good for about 5 seconds before he plops onto his bottom. Thankfully our fluffy cloth diapers absorb some of the fall. He is eating about 3-4 ounces of mashed up food. I make all of his food and just roughly mash it up. He has learned to chew and so we have started giving him small chopped up food bits. He mainly plays with it so I still feed him with a spoon some. Currently his favorite foods seem to be squash, spinach, carrots, and most recently banana. I waited until he was a bit older to do fruits. So far he's only had banana and that's because he grabbed it out of my hand. So I have given him some as "dessert" after his lunch or dinner. He is now down to two naps a day and sleeps longer at night. We put him down to bed around 7:45 and he wakes around 5:30 to nurse, then falls back to sleep until 8am. He then takes two 1 1/2-2 hour naps during the day at 10:30 and 3:30. We are so glad to have a napper and to have him on a pretty good routine. His favorite toys are blocks, xylophone keyboard, and sit to stand walker. He has gained such a silly personality. He loves to be tickled, play peek a boo, and play under the sheets with mom and dad. This is such a fun time with him and I am so thankful and blessed that I get to witness his milestones. So that's A's life update! Here are some photos of him! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.