Saturday, October 11, 2014

8 months

   
   Well here we are again! I'm yet again astounded at how my baby boy is another month older. A is now 8 months old and I'm not sure how it has happened. To be quite honest, I've been so emotional lately. And no, I'm not pregnant again. But I look at my baby boy and how much he has grown and just want to cry. I am so happy to see how much he has changed but I know that one day I'll be sending him off to college. Thankfully that is still very far off! So here's A's 8 month update:

    A has changed so much! He is now an expert crawler and gets into everything! I absolutely love his power crawl. You can tell when he's really going for something (usually Happy Puffs) because you can hear him storming over with all his might. He can also pull up and stand for a few seconds at a time. He has started "walking" while pushing objects and toys. He is very eager and so I think he will do so in a couple of months. He is still mastering eating solids and now enjoys roughly mashed and cut up foods. Currently his favorite foods seem to be mango, bananas, applesauce, peppers, and kale. And of course Happy Puffs.....I am still making his food and occasionally give him whatever we are eating. He has eaten salmon (which he really enjoys) and chicken. He has become very vocal and seems to be babbling "dada" and "bomba" which I would assume means momma. He also says "ball" and we are trying to teach him sign language. He currently weighs 17.2 lbs and is about 28 inches long. He's a beanpole and obviously not from my side of the family. His favorite toys are anything that's not a baby toy. Seriously, if you walk into my house you will find my child playing with a rice paddle and happy puffs scattered about the floor. It's my own fault for getting him addicted to Happy Puffs. I originally started giving him some to help him master the pincer grasp but now he is addicted. He will sit in front of the pantry door and cry until I give him one. He also really likes carrots and will sit in front of the fridge until I give him a carrot. He is very food motivated, obviously.

    These past 8 months have moved by so quickly and I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to be at home with him and watch him grow. I'm not going to lie and say that it has been all rainbows and butterflies because it certainly hasn't. He has rough days just like the rest of us BUT even on his rough days I am still in awe that God has given us the opportunity to be parents. We are so proud of the little boy he is becoming and we are so extremely thankful that we get to call him our son. So, onto the main point of this post....PICTURES! Here are some pictures from this past month:
 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.